Monday, August 19, 2013

FW: Recent announcement about NOVS




From: Cage, Caleb
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 1:42 PM
Subject: Recent announcement

Dear NOVS team,

August 15th, 2013 will mark the completion of my third year with the agency.  It will also by my final anniversary here. 

Governor Brian Sandoval will soon announce that he is appointing me to the newly-created position of Director of Military and Veterans Policy within the Office of the Governor.  The appointment is effective Monday, August 19, at which point Deputy Executive Director Kat Miller will be formally appointed to the position of Executive Director.

While I look forward to the new challenges that this position will provide, I cannot leave without letting you all know how much my time here with the Nevada Office of Veterans Services has meant to me.  Over the last three years I have learned a great deal about how we work as a state agency, how we work to serve the needs of our veterans and their families, and most important, how dedicated you all are to our important mission.  I have grown personally from these experiences in more ways than I can imagine, and I would like to thank each and every one of you for being a part of these tremendously fulfilling years for me.

I would also like to thank you all for what you do every day to meet the goals of our mission.  Whether you are serving 300,000 veterans in obtaining benefits for which they are eligible, maintaining the high quality of care that we offer to 180 veterans and their families at a time, honoring our fallen and their families during times of tremendous grief, or supporting all of these operations, you are a part of a team performing a remarkable task.  And more important, you are doing so remarkably well.

Through your hard work I believe that we have accomplished a great deal over the last three years.  Although it is too short of a list, this progress includes improvements to systems, advancement towards our strategic goals, major legislative victories, and the development of new opportunities to coordinate and collaborate within the statewide veteran community.  I am so proud of what we have all done and I look forward to watching the progress continue.

While I hate to leave these efforts, especially as we approach completion of so many important initiatives, I know that I will always be nearby.  Since veterans issues are going to remain my responsibility within the Governor's Office, I know that I will be around to say hello and thank you to you all again.  I will also take every opportunity to work with Director Miller on behalf of the resources and needs of the agency ahead of and during the upcoming legislative session.

Once again I would like to thank you all very much for these last three years.  Your commitment to our mission and our cause is simply inspiring.  I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to have gotten to know you, to learn from you, and to work with you all.

Sincerely,

Caleb S. Cage
Executive Director
Nevada Office of Veterans Services


Caleb Cage, Executive Director
Nevada Office of Veterans Services
(775) 688-1653
www.veterans.nv.gov
"Serving America's Heroes"



No comments: