Thursday, July 18, 2013

vva chapter 17






I had a buddy named Frank who was an army civil affairs type who served in Vietnam supporting the Marines in their CAP program up on the DMZ.  I can't remember the MACV Compound he was at, perhaps Team 5.  They never exchanged fire in that little area right on the red line while he was there. In some of his pictures you could see both Vietnamese flags on their respective sides of the red line quite close by.  He had one with the rainbow like this picture ending on an outhouse with the flags in the background as well.  l wish I would have made a copy before he moved on to better things.  Perhaps there is some significance or symbolism here.   What attracts the rainbow to these outbuildings anyway?

1 comment:

Roger Henning PhD said...

I would love to see the pictures with the red line and both flags. Having served in the Central Highlands, I never got to see what the border area the Marines so valiantly guarded looked like.